Thursday, April 22, 2010

So, where you been?

I'm baaaaack.

Well, sorta.

Life has been super, crazy buzy.

First off, our house sold!

Go ahead and say it with me "WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!"

We will be homeless in 3 weeks and I haven't packed a single item.

We put an offer in with some "extremely motivated" buyers in Houston.

Apparently, they weren't too motivated.

They countered us with full price and no closing costs.

We walked away. No time for silliness.


Other than that, we've been up to our new norm.

Or, our norm without Garrett around.
I think we will all 3 have to adjust to being back together again after 6 months apart.

But, I'll gladly adjust so my family can be whole and we don't have to do this whole thing long distance.

I don't ever wish for a job to separate us again.
So, back to our new norm...you know, Cotton Candy Ice Cream with Sprinkles kinda norm.


Today as we were driving home, I was looking at Reese in my rearview mirror and could tell he was really contemplating something.

He was deep in thought, and I knew something outside had caught his attention.

Finally, he starts waving like crazy.

And he breaks his silence with:

"Mom! Look ober der! Look ober der! It's PawPaw! It's my PawPaw. He peeked open dem cwouds and is waving at me. He say he wuv me and he loves it when I a happy boy. Aww PawPaw, I wuv you. I miss you PawPaw."

Sometimes, my heart breaks that my son will never know my dad in the flesh.

Scratch that, all the time my heart breaks for him, aches for that relationship.

But, in my heart of hearts, I know my dad can see Reese and Reese can see him.

Reese has said too many things that he was never told about my dad.

And to me, that is just proof that our God is living and loving and is forming that relationship with them.

He's a good God, ain't he???

No comments:

Post a Comment