Thursday, June 10, 2010

TACO SALAD

I so get into that recipe rut of fixing the same 8 meals over and over and over and over.

When we got moved, I decided that I would search high and low for some new things to cook.

I didn't get this from a recipe, but I figured that it would be pretty easy and good, and definatly something different...
TACO SALAD...
green leaf lettuce torn into bite size bits
chopped tomatoes
chopped onions (for Garrett ONLY!)
shredded cheese
homemade salsa (yum and super easy!)
1 lb lean ground beef
one can corn (drained)
one can black beans (drained)
taco seasoning
Cook and drain beef. Add taco season packet as per directions. Add corn and black beans. Cook until thickened. Arrange on your plate and have at it!
Now, you might have noticed a little something green on top of our salads...Well, that is where the recipe idea came to be...I saw a recipe for a "Cilantro Lime Dressing" and it was "mexicany" so I decided it would be good on top of a taco salad.....
Let me tell you.....
AHHH-MAY-ZING!
This could so easily be a sauce you put on top of a plain chicken breast, use it to dip just about anything in....so so so good.
Cilantro Lime Dressing

1 cup of Buttermilk Ranch (I made my own)
1 cup of cilantro
1/2 japaleno with seeds
2 tablespoons of honey
lime juice to taste

I blended in a blender and it was super good!

Note: As I started mixing, it was like SUPER green and I was worried. So I ended up putting all of the homemade ranch in the blender to hopefully offset the green look. In the end, I am glad I did...So I'd say, go with 1/2 of the cilantro if you are only going to do the 1 cup of dressing as the recipe calls for.

It was a hit! Super good and will definately make again!

No comments:

Post a Comment