Thursday, August 12, 2010

A fun way to do leftovers!

We were out and about this weekend and we ate out way more that usual, so I had an abunance of leftover meat...We had some left over brisket that I cooked on Thursday and leftover chicken I cooked on Friday. What to do? What to do?

MAKE QUESADILLAS!!!

We had brisket and cheese quesadillas and chicken, bacon, ranch quasadillas.

I used my cast iron skillet that was Mom's, my great, great grandmothers (we called her Mom). Let me tell you, if you don't have one of these, get one. It is amazing. I don't have to worry about using plastic or wooden utensils. It can be put into the oven and take a beating....I'd love to have all cast iron cookware, honestly, it's that great!

Ok....I grilled up some onions, peppers, and japalenos. I also cooked 3 pieces of bacon. I put a little butter in the bottom of the skillet and put the tortillas down. Threw on some meat, onions and peppers, and cheese. For the chicken, bacon, ranch I added bacon and a little ranch dressing...

Let it cook up a bit - get the tortilla nice and hot.

Please excuse the pictures. We have no natural light in our kitchen and I used my phone...

Put the tortillas together and let the cheese melt it together.....

Put it on your plate and cut it up......and ENJOY!

Garrett and I both talked about how it was a creative idea at leftovers because neither of us felt as we were eating leftovers. Plus, who usually eats brisket quesadillas?

Try it...it might just become our leftover staple!

No comments:

Post a Comment