Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I got a lil' Dolphin on my hands!

Reese got promoted to Dolphin at Swim Class this week and passed his 3 part Float Test!

So, after the final day of the test, I took him to Chuck E Cheese to celebrate!
I must say that I am very impressed with Houston Swim Club.

Reese started at the beginning of June and did an everyday 2-week class (required for all newcomers).

After the two weeks, you can choose to continue with maintenence classes or wait until next year.

We have done 2 day a week for June and July (and we decided to go ahead with August too).

I am very, very impressed at what he can do, and do properly.

They first teach them water safety - how to be thrown in the water and turn over to their backs and float to the side and pull themselves out.

The float test is 3 parts:
Part 1: Float with shorts, tshirt, and shoes
Part 2: Float with pants, polo shirt and shoes
Part 3: Float with jeans, longsleeves and shoes

He did awesome! And got to bring home his own bell and tshirt today for passing the test!

I have never been so proud! The feeling was overwhelming...what will I do when he gets an A? Or decides that Jesus is Lord of his life? It was honestly the best feeling in the world.

I am so proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment